I was tagged ages ago (it seems now) by Becky, who must have meant kindly :) Her random facts are here. I have finally put the meme together, so here goes:
The rules are: People who are tagged start by thinking about 7 random facts/habits about themselves. Each player then must write about those seven things on their blog, as well as include these rules. Players then need to choose 7 people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave each person a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.
1. I can’t swim, and (as I have blogged about before) I have come close to saying bye-bye-by-drowning three times. (Look, it was exciting at the time, and I am grateful for the life experience, but it really can’t happen again). It’s one of my wishes that I could learn to swim, and it’s on my list of things to do. As is learning how to ride a bike (you have to understand the kind of kid I was, really!).
2. The thing I want most is freedom. I want to be free of the mad desire to be accepted by everyone, of trying to be the “good guy”. If I had my way, I think I would resign from my current role in life, and be a black sheep for a bit (although my definition of that is probably very loose, I think to me it means following my own rules). I want to quit my very adult and responsible job, and dabble in many things: photography, writing, graphic design…
Disclaimer: Please, I do not mean at all that those things are not adult, don’t get me wrong; it’s just that in my life they would be considered the “mad” thing Shona Tiger went and did..
3. My faith is central to my life, and sustains me, motivates me, shapes me… And it has changed with time. I don’t really consider myself to belong to any denomination, but I consider myself very definitely a Christian. From day to day, I am defining what that means, and every day I am more and more grateful to have that faith. It’s the place I draw strength from.
4. My middle name is from the Shona language, and means “we have been made joyful”. It’s so common where I come from that I once “sort of dated” someone who had the exact same name. If we had ended up married, imagine the confusion. Also, my father, stepmother and I all have the same initials.
5. I am grateful for the relationships that have come my way in my relatively short life. I value my immediate family- mom, and two sisters- more than anything else in the world. I consider them the greatest blessing I have ever been given (and believe me, there are many…). And I have had the best of friends, people who have helped me along the way, and who have been like family to me. The person who has had the most profound influence on me- apart from my mom- is someone I never met, but grew very close to. From that extended encounter I learnt that human bonds are very complex, and to acknowledge only physical ties is to deny that which we also so profoundly are: spiritual beings. And from all my relationships I have learnt that we are ever so graced, but hardly ever realise it when it’s happening.
6. I believe in the “rightness” of things. It may be the Pollyanna glasses I wear (see pic); but I believe that if you do the right thing, other things tend to fall into place, rather like a jigsaw puzzle I guess. You can either keep struggling with one thing, or you can turn and face in another direction and find a new way to proceed. I believe that most times, if you listen carefully, you will be led. I know this sounds sort of Zen-like or Buddhist, but it’s one of my driving philosophies.
7. The angriest I have ever been is when I was about seven or eight, back in junior school. I remember fighting for a chair in class. I don’t remember why that particular chair was so important, but I remember how I felt it was MINE, and I remember the outrage I felt that neither the other kid nor the teacher could SEE that. I would not let go of the chair- you know how bulldogs do?- and we ended up in the head teacher’s office.
So, let's see.. i am going to tag:
Jae_x @ yahoo 360!
Tocksick @ yahoo 360!
Ketan @ yahoo 360!
Rachel @ the big dunk
Rachel @ heart of rachel
...er, I've run out of friends....
So now you guys tagged above are supposed to do the same.. Good luck, I found mine pretty hard to do!! Which is why it's less random facts and more my life story and philosophy!
Thanks Becky love...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
6 comments :
Hey Shona!
Thanks for tagging me! I have already done this meme here:
http://thebigdunk.blogspot.com/2007/05/i-got-tagged.html
I found it hard, too!
Love+
Rachel
PS: My brother is traveling to your neck of the woods late this summer. He is going to Namibia and Botswana to take photos of wildlife.
Hi Shona. Thanks for the tag. Actually, I've done it 3 times already but I don't mind doing it again for you. :) I'll let you know when I'm done with mine and I'll come later to read more of your interesting entry.
Yay - thanks for playing along. With your newfound fascination for the ocean, I hope you find time to get those swimming lessons. I can't swim very well but I can keep my head above water or swim smoothly underneathe without panic & it is a freeing an amazing thing to do.
*sigh* I desire the same freedom for photography & writing & other fun things. So far, I can't find one single person who wants to pay me to kayak or hike at my leisure. :)
I try not to bring denomination into my life anymore as I find it divides The Church. The church is not a building nor a denomination, we are all the church and that's all that should matter!
Your middle name is rather fitting as you tend to find the joy in whatever you are facing.
Thanks to God for meaningful friendships & relationships. I know God saw the "blogging" and 'online' world far before it was ever humanly imagined. I thank him for all the relationships I have formed through it.
Living for what is right is what we should all so strive to do.
Funny about the chair...its like once we start on a course like that, whether its right or wrong, we have to see it to the end...you may not have "NEEDED" that chair but once you began, you had to see it through :)
Thanks friend!!
eish! talk about stressing a sister out! you think you found it hard? i've not even begun and i'm finding it rather arduous... but *sigh* i guess i'll have to do it. who knows, i might even find out a thing or two about me...
Hi Shona. I just posted mine on my blog. I did this meme several times already so this time I made my entry into 7 visual things about myself. I kept it light this time and hope you find it interesting.
Thanks for sharing yours. Same here, I also don't know how to swim but I still love going to the beach with my family. I also give importance to my faith. It helps keep my family bonded. I agree that life is short. We should always live life to the fullest and show special people in our lives how much they mean to us.
Post a Comment