Wednesday, 29 November 2006

special edition

Posted by shonatiger


  • My faith, by which I am shaped, blessed, fine-tuned, comforted.
  • The moments when I realise how I’ve connected with another person, and been enriched by the experience.
  • My family, by which I mean extended… I have one of those huge African families (they are not mythical, I promise); my maternal great-great-great-grandfather had 6 wives, his son had 6, the one after 3… so you can imagine. And you know people were quite prolific in child-bearing in those days…. It often aggravates me, because I don’t know half my “cousins”, but sometimes it’s quite diverting. Had an encounter yesterday that allowed me to practice my not-very-well-spoken-but-supposed-to-be first language… and I was amazed yet again by that side of the family’s ability to tell a story. Perhaps I’m descended from a line of storytellers….
  • My two best buddies from varsity days. We hardly ever talk, but when we do, it’s like the old days still.
  • More paddling in the pool. Ah, bliss.
  • Death by chocolate. I’m not always a fan, but it was most welcome this morning, especially as I woke up early to bake it… so I love the simple pleasure of creating something special in the kitchen (not the daily drudgery of cooking lol).
  • My mom’s cooking, while on the subject. I am convinced no one can cook as well as she does. Not only that, she can produce a meal in ten seconds… I don’t know how.
  • The blessing of families in general. I watched a friend’s family close ranks around a treasured member who has fallen suddenly, devastatingly ill… They leave their tears for their private moments, and share their strength.

0 comments :

Post a Comment