Wednesday, 2 August 2006

Blessed are the broken

Posted by shonatiger

Those times of pain and suffering- I always wonder why God allows them. Why would a good God allow suffering? I cry in my weakest hour. It is so hard to see the seed that is sown, for it is still underground, perhaps only starting to break open, to allow the shoot to grow towards the light. If I see nothing else, no other reason for the pain and suffering of this world, I often have the privilege of seeing the fruit of brokenness. Surrendered to God, my pain becomes a vehicle for blessing- myself, or sometimes others. Somehow God has taken all the trouble, and begun to make something of me. It’s so hard, I really can’t always give thanks for the hard times; and yet my spirit is starting to see how bread must be broken to feed many. That’s the significance of Christ’s death, isn’t it? His death is what has brought freedom to millions… And my little pain, my little suffering, feeds at the very least my own poor soul. At no other time do I have such incredible access to God’s resources as when I am in my deepest need, because at no other time do I so long for Him…

And when I am shattered, soon I am mended. And He Himself does it, and makes me better than I was before…

1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, He calling us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a little, He will perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment